Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving is a time for reflection on the things in life that really matter. It has long been my favorite holiday because it is just about the last one left that is not "commercialized" to death and no one expects a gift! I am so thankful for my wife and two little girls. I have truly been blessed when it comes the women/girls in my life. I could have never hoped for more.
This past Monday I started a long term substitute gig at Star City Middle School in 8th grade science. The regular teacher just had her first child and I was fortunate enough to be asked to long-term for her. I am thanful for the opportunity to get a small taste of being a real teacher.
So far, things have been going really well. I have a couple of kids that think they are cute but all in all, the students are all well behaved.
Tonight is the first Friday night since August that I have been home. I have been keeping stats and writing for the Commercial for the Bulldogs football team. They lost to Bald Knob last Friday night in the second round of the playoffs so the season ended for us with a 9-3 record. I love football and I am missing it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment